9/25/2013

A look at the 2014 Hot Wheels Mazda RX-7

As just broke by John of the Lamley Group, the year of J-tin over at the blue offices seems to hold all the more true today with pictures being leaked of the 2014 version of the Mazda RX-7 SA22C.
Take a gander:

Yep, that looks good to me. In fact more than just good, it looks brilliant.
While the thought of a first gen RX-7 brings forth images of blacks, bronzes, and silvers, this fantastic color works excellently on this most recent example.
I'm not sure of the tampos though, conjuring certain American musclecar thoughts, but the colors of those work well too.
The chrome MC5s, or as I like to call "5SP spec2" look good and are probably the best choice for this model given Hot Wheels' current mainline selection.

With only the RX-7, MX-5, and the hot looking Furai (see what I did there?) to satisfy Hot Wheels Mazdafarians, there certainly needs to be more pistonless pieces in their current lineup.

Why yes, I would love to tell you the essential cars Mattel is missing out on.
Cosmo 110
RX-3
REPU

I can't wait to have this model as I will immediately remove those decos and perform a proper detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment